To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Artist of the Universe





You are going to think I am a totally dork, but I love space. If I was smart enough I would be an astronaut. I use to go to Barnes and Noble and read astronomy magazines, but I couldn't understand a lot of what they were saying, I just enjoyed the pictures. Everything about it amazes me. I have always been infatuated with the wonder of it. When I was in college I looked forward to when my science class would study space and the moon. Whenever I could I would teach on astronomy. It is crazy that we as humans can enter something so big and unknown. There aren't even words in the human language to describe its wonder and beauty. When you look at the sun you are really looking at a star, but it is only one of billions out there. We couldn't live without the sun, so I wonder if there is other life out there.

Just think that our milky way is only one of many. We have yet to understand the one we live in. Even though we can send humans to space, it is still a very uncharted mass of being. It is like how Earth wasn't always charted as it is now. I wonder if thousands of years from now space will be charted much more thoroughly, and the people of that time period will look back on us and think how in the dark we were on space. I am still in awe of how much we can do. Just think if we went back in time to Noah's time and told them that one day someone would be walking on the moon, I am sure they would laugh at us. They laughed at Noah for building an ark and telling people it was going to rain.

Another piece that I am awe struck with, is that God knows all that is out there, and He is the creator of it. I wonder what was going through his mind as He began to form the vast mass. Despite the beauty of it, He still thinks that we are the most beautiful thing that He created. We get to have a personal relationship with the artist of the universe. We should be shouting this from the mountain tops. Just as people are out there trying to get there mind around space and desperately trying to discover new things about it, we should be like that with God. He is so big and beautiful. I will never totally understand Him and His ways right now, but I should be discovering new things about Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

I wonder what the people of Noah's day would have thought if we showed up with Mtn. Dew's.

What did they drink back then?

I hope you can go to the moon one day. If we somehow stumble onto about 2 million dollars, we'll make it happen.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home