To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood

Monday, June 26, 2006

The Mane Objective



Well, I am officially experiencing something that usually only middle-age men go through: Hair Loss! The past week I have lost more hair than I think I've lost over the whole course of my life. When I wake up in the morning my pillow looks like it is made out of a fur pillow case. I go and pick up Sienna and it is all over her. I actually found one in her diaper-gross! Even Jason is making comment on it. He may not notice if I buy a new outfit, but he sure does take notice of my new fur clothes. I thought my cat shed a lot, but Rocky has nothing on me. After brushing my hair or taking a shower, you would have thought I got in a fight with cousin It (from the Addams family, I think we use to be distantly related).

But before I begin to worry, I used my new handy dandy 21st century toy, and googled hair loss in new mothers. Well, of course it pulled up a zillion sites on different persepectives of hair loss, one even talked about Brittney Spears and her new balding experience. That sure made me feel much more at ease knowing that the queen of pop is going through the same experiences I am. Of course I am not wearing exactly the same outfits as hers. My JCrew t-shirt (that I have yet to wash since having Sienna-j/k) isn't quiet as revealing as Brittney's xxsmall v-neck shirts. Oh! And I do buckle Sienna up in her carseat when all of her fans(aka family) start to swarm us. After searching through different articles I found one that was from other mother's and it explained that my hair loss is normal-that is so refreshing. But, there is nothing I can really do about it. Some of the comments were uplifting and others were a little depressing. Hopefully, in a couple of months I will stop shedding and start growing my beautiful mane back. Until than I guess Sienna and I will have one thing in common, short-balding hair. But for some reason I think she will wear it better than I will, since balding is the trend for babies, not quite for twenty-somethings.

The picture above was of me around Easter. The top one of Sienna is what I have to look forward to looking like over the next few months. No one is really looking at me anyways when I have my beautiful SiSi in my arms!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ames said...

Leslie, my sidburns do that too. They wont grow past like 3 or 4 inches...and I don't even have a kid. So I feel ya on the wings deal.

Jenny- I was wondering about that picture of you, because in the pics Jase sent out this weekend your hair was shorter....so after seeing this one on your blog, i was like DANG her hair grew all the sudden. Glad to know I am not crazy and that the pic was actually a few months ago.

THe lady who used to babysit us had blonde hair, and after she had a kid it turned dark brown. Fascinating. I'm hoping mine turns dark red. :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

You seriously need to get on iChat. I am bored and in class.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Ash Sinniger said...

this is my blogspot..i'm so glad that i got to hlod Sienna this evening!!thanks for having me over and we should def. do that when im off work for 6-8weeks, ha. im gonna be ridiculously bored for that long.ttyl

6:44 PM  
Blogger AprilMarie Hawbaker said...

I grew a lot of new hair while preggers with Carly but like Leslie's, it wouldn't lay down so there was this spiky halo all around my shoulder length bob for the longest!
Post partum shedding, what fun. ;-) You're gorgeous and so is your daughter!

12:15 AM  
Blogger AprilMarie Hawbaker said...

that picture jason's bee sting grosses me out.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

Yeah, Jase doesn't know I sent it!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

jenny i just looked at aprils other blog with her poems...i dunno if she gave you her address ever ..or moms...

aprils is
730 wiltshire
fayetteville nc 28314

and mom and dads is
323 kirkwood dr
fayetteville nc 28303

hope i'm not giving away identities here haha

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ames,
thanks for the help with the addresses! I have thank you cards that I have been needing to send.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Ash Sinniger said...

hows the weather in PA?? its so nice here, ok its 110 degrees but to me its nice weather! lol well have a great week.
ttyl
ash

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home