To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

BlowOuts!


Yesterday was so hot here in PA. So, I thought it would be nice to get into my bathing suit (even though I was as white as a snowball) and put Sienna in hers (it is sad when your baby is darker than you). She looked so cute in her striped and flower suit. This was her first time wearing it so I took a ton of pics. Then I put her in her bouncer and went outside to pot some flowers. I kept peeking my head back inside to make sure she was okay. Then I started to hear her cry. So I went in to get her. As soon as she heard my voice she was fine and all smiles. I started to talk to her and than preceded to pick her up. Bad idea. My hands were covered in mustard yellow poop. Sienna is known for this, so I usually keep plastic bloomers on her. But since she had already had two blowouts that day I thought it was safe not to put them on her. Again, bad idea. The poop was all up her back, all on the cute bathing suit, all over the bouncer, and now all over me. I held her out as far as possible, like when you kill a bug and hold the napkin as far away from you as possible. Her face was all smiles. She was so oblivious to what she had done. All she cared about was the fact that mommy was there. This is what is so great about babies. As soon as I saw her face I could care less that we were both covered in poop. It was the joy that she brought me that was important. I have a lot to learn about parenting but one thing that I have started to get is that even in the most ugliest situations there is joy to be found. Who would of thought that blowouts could bring smiles from both parties.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenny, did you really post this at 5 in the morning?

well, welcome to the 21st century. i am excited to read your blog and stay posted on your life

rach

7:29 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Haha that is so funny! I know April had many a times where she had to clean up from Carly's insane blowouts, wich also happened in her bouncer...maybe the bouncers are having calming effects on the babie's bowel systems, therefore leading to insane blowouts.

Who knows.

Oh it must be a joy to be a mommy. I cannot wait until I am!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

Ames, rach told me how much you love Carly-you will be a great mom. It is the most rewarding thing. And I love being at home with her. It has been a blessing.

Rach, no I wasn't bloggin at 5 this morning. It was more like 8 or 9. Can't wait to come to Birmingham. Love y'all.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ames said...

Yeah I cant help it, I am obsessed with Carly bascially....somebodys gonna have to give me another neice, or a nephew to cure my obsession. Or just give me my own kid...soon enough, soon enough.

and thanks for saying I will be a great mom! Gosh I sure hope so.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, that was such a funny story! You are a good writer :) Please bring Sienna's bathing suit to B'ham so we can see it on her!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

Hey baby. I like my girls in their swimsuits. Especially you!

I love your site. Keep loving that littel girl. Yout the best mom and wife ever!

Love ya

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenny, i am so proud of you for writing these blogs. it is 3 am and i am at work doing work and thought i would catch up on the blogs going around. you really are a very good writer. i look forward to knowing more about your daily events. counting the days down to see you all. lainey

12:49 AM  
Blogger The Chiaramontes said...

Hey Jenny! It is Alisha and Rach said that you wouldn't mind if I read your blog. I LOVE IT! Sienna is so beautiful and I am very happy for you and Jason. Hopefully I will be able to see you when you guys come to B'Ham to visit!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home