To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nakedness

My husband and I were discussing how sin has tainted some of the things in our society. Like the beauty of women or the mind of a man. He reminded me of Genesis how God clothed Adam and Eve after they had sinned. I responded that I hope in the new world we can go around naked. He said that maybe we could still wear clothes to show off our artistic side. As I was thinking about this I thought how it was no mistake that God designed us to come into the world naked and how we are his most perfect creation. He thought that our bodies were beautiful, that is why we weren't born with clothes. But our society has made nudity a sexual thing, or for others a gross thing. I mean, I don't want to see a 45year old hairy man naked. But in thinking that I have destorted what God has designed. Not that we should go around naked, but that the perfectness of who we are has been lost in sin. One day we will get to be the whole person that God created us to be. I just hope that for me it doesn't involve clothes:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

I know what you mean leslie, about being more vulnerable now that I am older and more accepting of my own self. It is almost as if other things are more of a priority than my looks. Not that I don't desire to be beautiful, but it doesn't control me like it use to. Naked, is a weird word, but so is-moist!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Ames said...

and awkward....awkward is weird too.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Jason Mitchell said...

I say neck-ed and so does Jason. They make fun of us up here for the way we talk. Even how Jason and my family say my name. I told Jason that I don't want to change some of the ways I talk. That is who I am and a piece of my own culture. Not that I want to sound ignorant. It is amazing how different people can sound from state to state.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home